Von: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Jerry
Ross
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. September 2008 15:58
An: cake-php@googlegroups.com
Betreff: Still working on CAKE install uner xampp

1. xampp is up and running so I have apache and myql running services 2. I
still struggling to make any sense of CAKE's arcane installation directions

I jave gone back to the CAKE manual:
"3.2.2 Permissions:  /app/tmp directory for a number of different operations.
Model descriptions, cached views, and session information are just a few
examples.As such, make sure the /app/tmp directory in your cake installation is
writable by the web server user."

I looked at permissions on xampp and all subdirectories and see it is "read
only."  Assuming this is source of my installation issues, I attempted to
uncheck the read only and apply.  Nothing changes.  Ditto for CAKE directory
and its subdirectories. Going to "advanced" properties doesn't help.  I get
warnings about some sort of  Wizard that will be jeopardized if I allow sharing
and  went ahead anyway.  Apparently these files are attached to a domain and XP
will not allow me to change the security and remove the read only status.  Any
suggestions?

Pittore