Von: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Nate
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2008 08:01
An: CakePHP
Betreff: Release: CakePHP RC3 - The RC of Triumph!

It's finally here: the final release before the final release of CakePHP 1.2,
and I just want to say how thrilled I am. This release, possibly more than any
other in the history of the project, has truly been a team effort. Everyone has
really come together to make this a great release, and I just can't say how
proud and happy I am of the effort that the team has put in.

Some of you may remember the benchmarks posted by Rasmus Lerdorf, in which
CakePHP did not perform so well. We can all debate Rasmus' due diligence (or
lack of), but what was clear was that we had some catching up to do. Over the
past few weeks, Larry has worked tirelessly on iteration after iteration of
performance improvements, and now we're faster than ever before. By itself, the
bootstrap process is over 10x faster than RC2, and basic requests for static
content are now about 5x faster overall.

Tim Koschuetzki really stepped up as well. Not only has he contributed several
new features and many, many tests to the latest release, but he also knocked
out the remaining bugs left over from 1.1, so we're now able to push out
another stable 1.1 release for those who haven't already moved up to 1.2.

Garrett, as always, has kept this project running in all the ways we don't
notice, in addition to many we do. As project manager, Garrett works to keep
everything running, in addition to tracking bugs and contributing code. This
project would not be possible without his continued efforts.

Lastly, but most certainly not leastly, I'd like to thank Mark Story, who has
put as much or more effort into this last release as anyone.
In working to get RC3 done, Mark has been the most consistent, hardest- working
contributor, and we'd like to honor him as such. Henceforth, October 1st shall
be known to the CakePHP community as Mark Story Day!

So, thanks to everyone on the team for their positive efforts. As always, you
can download the latest release on CakeForge[1]. To announce this release, Jeff
and I have recorded a new episode of The Show, which you can listen to at the
CakePHP Live Website[2]. You can also read up on the changes that have gone
into this release in the changeset[3].

So thanks again everyone, and merry Mark Story Day!

[1] http://cakeforge.org/frs/?group_id=23&release_id=426
[2] http://live.cakephp.org/
[3] https://trac.cakephp.org/wiki/changelog/1.2.x.x