I don't think you should need to set _index or _indexForId, those are
private vars used by the Behaviour. Maybe try putting them back to
false?

Are you trying my version of the code?

How about trying an insert rather than an update to see if that at
least adds to the index. That's how I've used it so far and it seems
to be working.

Other than that I suggest you put some little echo 'foo' statements at
various places in the behaviour to see what parts of the behaviour are
being run (if...else), that might help you track down if something is
failing.

Let me know if you find any bugs too!

AO