If you type in the page with IE7 I get the same result, even on a
1.1.X project I had with othAuth. I was wrong in saying RC2 worked as
I was clicking a link rather than typing one in.

The only way to stop IE7 from caching the page is to use the
disableCache(), I did a quick hack in my app_controller.php and in the
beforeFilter() function put $this->disableCache() and this forced IE
to reload the page.  You could I guess just disable the cache for IE7
and / or only when you've been browsing logged in pages.

There may be another solution but I'm not aware of it.