Hi bakers,

>  Got a theory/approach question, hoping someone's been down this route
> already.
>
>  A lot of my projects are CMS'd sites. This largely means a few models:
>
>  * Page
>  * Article
>  * Documents (files, images, media etc)
>
>  Often I have to work with forms, contact forms, email sign ups etc
>  that are then embedded in each page, and I'd really like to use the
>  cake validation and auto magic, whilst avoiding manually creating a
>  model for each form.
>
>  Is this feasible? Any other ideas? Or am I just over over complicating
> things!

The other issue I'm grappling with is how to connect a form to a page
or article when the form doesn't have a db table. I would like to have
a HABTM and 'with' to set a few vars, something like:

FormsPages
- id
- form_id
- page_id
- position (sidebar, end of main content etc)

But how would i set the validation/schema of 'form' if it has no content?

What about adding 2 fields to Forms:

Forms
- id
- name
- schema (serialised obj)
- validation_rules (serialised obj)

And then passing the values of each to the Form model in beforeValidate?

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers,

Jon

--