Hi Flip flops,

>  Passing the schema and validation rules seems like a good idea - I'm
>  guessing your are thinking you could couple it with some kind of
>  wizard / interface so you build your forms within the CMS... could be
>  a really goood feature but at the end of the day it boils down to how
>  long the initial development time takes to recoup.
>  Hi Flipflops,

>  Passing the schema and validation rules seems like a good idea

so did I - but I've just realised that my 'EmailForm' model would have
it's own schema, at least:

- id
- name
- schema
- rules

I'll need to add to this, either using a merge or just replacing the
array - so that when adding a record to the CMS the real schema and
validation are used, but when a form is submitted the custom schema
and rules are used.

Perhaps a simple check to see if there's any info in the 'with' of the
habtm, if there is use the form rules, if not use the default.

again though you have the issue of how/when/and by what this info is set.

hmm - it's not obvious which way to go (yet!).

Cheers,

Jon

--

jon bennett