On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:32 AM, SergioTorresC. <sergiotorr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> You are right, it was a typo. I am not using the extensions when
> calling the scripts.
>
> When I see the view source the links appear like this:
>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="/cake/js/prototype.js"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="/cake/js/listinvoices.js"></
> script>
>
> And both files are, indeed, under cake/webroot/js
>
> Since my Www_Root variable is "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cake\app\webroot\"
>
> I understand the tags'  src is correct, maybe not?

No, it should begin with '/js/...' if webroot dir is root. But you
mentioned that you'd tried several ways; is this the result of using
$javascript->link('prototype')? That should be the correct one.

Keep in mind that you should also be able to open the JS file directly
in your browser by pointing it to this URL:

/js/prototype.js

If that works, you'll know that Cake is set up properly for your
directory structure.

It's a bit confusing in that, when using the link() method, you leave
off the initial js directory, as well as the extension.