There is a perfectly good core validate rule in the cookbook which no-
one seems to use as it seems saveAll does not validate HABTM
associations.

http://book.cakephp.org/view/786/multiple

I have been able to get this working by applying a hack to the core,
but I do not advise hacking the core to anyone, especially not with
one of my uneducated hacks.  Can someone with more knowledge look at
the below topic and avise me on if i need to raise a ticket?

http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/3390943040e2ded9