First of all thanks for your insight and taking the time to help. :D

if $this->data['Datum'] is as follows:
[code]
Array
(
    [0] => Array
        (
            [id] => 173
            [form_id] => 208
            [field_id] => 56
            [user_id] => 1
            [bool_val] => 0
        )

    [1] => Array
        (
            [id] => 174
            [form_id] => 208
            [field_id] => 64
            [user_id] => 1
            [bool_val] => 0
        )

)
[/code]

I get the same error.

to give a bit more info I have done more testing and this is what has
turned up

[EDIT]

So I did as one Poster on stackoverflow suggested and this is what I
got when putting "debug($model);" on cake/libs/model/model.php (line
949):

    cake/libs/model/model.php (line 949)

    data //this being what debug() returns

    Fatal error: Call to a member function getColumnType() on a non-
object in /cake/libs/model/model.php on line 950

I might see what is wrong my model name is Datum or datum.php not data
I have no obvious solution in my head, this is a bit deep in Cake for
me. Any Suggestions?

In "view" method with the same debug statement it outputs "Datum" and
not "data" like I get from my "edit" method. Just in case that is
helpful to anyone.

Thanks:)

On Jan 14, 5:16 pm, John Andersen <j.andersen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I stand corrected :)
> The only other issue I see, is that your edit array does not start
> from 0!
> Could your view be made to not include the id as the array key? Like:
>
> [code]
> echo $form->hidden('Datum.[].id', array('value' => $field_datum
> ['id']));
> [/code]
>
> I am grasping for straw here :D
> Enjoy,
>    John
>
> On Jan 14, 5:47 pm, MrDevin <mr.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When I do the following in my "edit" method
>
> > [code]
> > $this->Datum->saveAll($this->data)
> > [/code]
>
> > I get one new row in the "data" table with all of the columns empty.
>
> > reference:http://teknoid.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/editing-multiple-records-with...
>
> > On Jan 14, 3:55 pm, John Andersen <j.andersen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > It seems a little odd to me that you are using:
>
> > > [code]
> > > $this->Datum->saveAll($this->data['Datum'])
> > > [/code]
>
> > > I would assume that the correct form (the one I always use) is:
>
> > > [code]
> > > $this->Datum->saveAll($this->data)
> > > [/code]
>
> > > so that the model, when processing the data, can recognise the model
> > > to which the data belongs!
> > > Enjoy,
> > >    John

their CakePHP related questions.