On May 4, 11:13 pm, Jayesh Wadhwani <jwadhw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There was no discussion. I did talk to someone about the status and
> all I got was that it was not a nice article.
>
> I am not not selling this stuff. It is just a contribution. If it
> helps even one programmer it is ok. Like I said it is only a
> contribution.
>
> If you are a core member and cannot professionally answer my question
> as to why my article is languishing then I suggest you quit the core.
>
> Get real. It is an open source framework for God's sake.
>
> Being a core member, a moderator or a reviewer, you are here to help
> the community. You seem to be considering your position as some sort
> of an authoritative position.
>
> This is voluntary work. I spent time writing it with the only intent
> that it may help some one. This is what I get in return.

I think what you fail to realize is that if the bakery published every
submission (some good, some not so good) it makes it HARDER to find
information/help. The pool of information grows and the info gets
harder to find. There are already a lot of dubious/duplicate
submissions - There are iirc 2 or 3 tree/ul related helpers/articles.

I also think you're taking this all way too personally - you're
completely right the publication/moderation process isn't perfect I'd
go as far as to say it's flat out wrong - that's partly because it's
been outgrown, partly because of application errors and partly because
the team who review articles is made up of people exactly like you.
And when I say exactly like you I mean you could have used this as an
opportunity to really help out instead of an attack on the people who
spend their time moderating the bakery.

Anyway, I hope you either reconsider (and calm down) or find peace in
your new home,

AD

their CakePHP related questions.