Wanted to mention that I think Lithium is aimed at a much different
class of programmer than CakePHP from what I can tell. Lithium looks
like it is good for someone who knows how to build all the
functionality they need from scratch and doesn't want anything else in
the code that won't be used. CakePHP has a lot of features that help
speed along common tasks facing most web developers, and it packs in a
lot of functionality out of the box. Just take a look at how much work
Mark Story and the gang are putting into these last few builds and you
start to get an idea of just how much work is going in to the project.
In reality CakePHP 2 is more of a step away from << PHP 5 and some of
CakPHP's legacy features and not so much a radical departure as
Cake3..ahem I mean Lithium.

The future of CakePHP looks more like improving on an already good
thing that tons of people already use and not necessarily reinventing
the wheel to design uber-apps with the hot new framework in town,
Lithium (of which I have yet to, and would like to try).

But the 5-6 Apps/Sites I have built this last 2 years will need to
stay with Cake as far as I am concerned.

On Sep 5, 11:46 pm, mark_story <mark.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lithium is not the future of CakePHP.  It is a project that was
> started by a few cakephp alumni.  CakePHP's future is looking bright
> and development of 2.0 is progressing well.  If you are interested in
> the ongoing development you can keep track of the activity either on
> github or lighthouse.
>
> -Mark
>
> On Sep 3, 12:10 am, sambo <chhaysa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Does Lithium framework is the future of CakePHP? And what is different
> > with CakePHP 2.0 and Cake3 (released under a new name: Lithium)?
>
> > You can see this link below for
> > morehttp://www.phpframeworks.com/news/p/614/cakephp-is-dead-lithium-was-b......
>
> > Thanks,
> > Sambo