The standards you are referring to are most likely the PSR guidelines,
and we are looking into ways that we can make CakePHP compatible with
the ideas in the guidelines.

I think the ability to combine different frameworks and libraries
together is generally something that can already be done.  There are a
few pain points, and I hope to find the time to figure out how to make
them less painful.

Just because a framework isn't 5.3 only doesn't mean you can't use 5.3
features in your application code.

-Mark

On Sep 7, 5:53 am, "j0n4s.h4rtm...@googlemail.com"
<j0n4s.h4rtm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> two notes on this:
>
> a.) while this might not make me friends: Lithium may be able to pull
> of both: a.) a very microkernel framework that comes without much
> tools and with a "loose frame" (thus bad for newbies and bad
> programmers like me ;-p) and b.) a standard set of "addons"
> "extensions" "plugins" whatever: data sources/object mappers, filters,
> authenfication, access control, etc.
>
> Why do I say this? Rails 3 did this (Though the basis of Ruby implies
> different contraints, some very positive other rather negative) (More
> on that topic on the rails website under screencasts, Rails 3
> Screencast Series, the screencasts show the decoupling of the frame-
> parts (read framework parts) and the great "Arel" :)).
>
> So I could very well imagen Lithium and Lithium+, though on the other
> side of the coin - if there will be no Lithium+ in the long run - I do
> not see it becoming much more popular than ZF though.
>
> b.) I do not like "general" OSS wars, they just consume time. Instead
> I want to ask a question: Afaik Lithium is committed to some php
> library standard definitions. Will Cake2 share those? And if that's
> the case: can you see combined use of both, parts of them and/or
> integration?
>
> p.s: While I do not like php 5.3s syntax, its hard to read, I do not
> see why to stick with <5.2 if 5.3 offers some real performance
> benefits. I love that most of the cake's source is easy to read and
> understand, great spirit.

their CakePHP related questions.