From: Tomfox Wiranata [mailto:tomfox.wiran...@gmail.com]
Sent: September-13-10 5:56 AM
To: CakePHP
Subject: Re: passing form data to my controller

well I used jquery before to just reload that DIV after a file got
uploaded and it worked fine. In the end I just needed to render the
result.
but when I added an ajax link in that rendered view to delete a file,
It didnt work. AJAX just would not work. as soon as I abandoned jquery
and just used AJAX->link it worked and I just had to make the file
upload work with AJAX too.....

this seems hopeless.....??

On 13 Sep., 10:15, Tomfox Wiranata <tomfox.wiran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> so there is no way to pass the file data from my form to my controller
> function???
> because the controller function actually uploads the file, it just
> needs the data....
>
> that would suck...
>
> On 13 Sep., 02:00, cricket <zijn.digi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Files cannot be upload with AJAX. The only way to do it without
> > reloading the page is to set the target of the form to a hidden
> > iframe, then fetch the response from there.
>
> > On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Tomfox Wiranata
>
> > <tomfox.wiran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
>
> > > I use a form to upload files and currently i do this with jquery to
> > > simulate ajax, so if I want to pass the file data to my jquery
> > > function I do this:

> > > type="button">Upload</button></div>
>
> > > But I want to switch to AJAX and I dont know how to pass the form data
> > > within an ajax link:
>
> > > echo $form->create('Links',

array('name'=>'uploadAttachmentsForm','id'=>'uploadAttachmentsForm','type'=>
'file'));
> > > echo $form->file('Links');
>
> > > echo $ajax->link('Upload', '/links/processattachment'.this.form,
> > >                                 array('update' =>
'attachments_content')
> > >                                );
> > > echo $form->end();
>
> > > aware that "$ajax->link('Upload', '/links/
> > > processattachment'.this.form," is far away from right I stil gave it a
> > > shot.
>
> > > Can someone help me? Thank you. I appreciate it.
>
> > > Check out the new CakePHP Questions sitehttp://cakeqs.organdhelp
others with their CakePHP related questions.

Groups "CakePHP" group.
group athttp://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en