On Jan 28, 5:57 am, "#2Will" <willjbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Im getting quite slow speeds off a small site hosted on Media Temples
> Grid service.  The Tech guys there say that my app (a basic cms) is
> giving this error:
>
> "There seem to be many failed stats for /app/locale/LC_MESSAGES. An
> strace of the index.php shows ~216 failed calls for this directory and
> files within it"
>
> eg:
>
> access("/nfs/c03/h01/mnt/45558/domains/soulstarvision.com/html/app/
> locale//LC_MESSAGES/default.po", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
> directory)
>
> Why would cake throw this error?

it's not an error
>  Im not sure where the guy is seeing this as its not in cake's logs or the
> server error_log.

He's looking at a strace log (as he states in the message
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strace) showing what files your php app
is looking for.

> I notice the double // bit.  Im wondering if there shouls be something
> like "eng" in there.  Am i barking at the wrong tree?

right tree :)

> If not, why is "eng" missing.
>
> There isn't anything in my /eng/LC_Messages dir anyway.

Repeatedly looking for the same file is a symptom of not having your
cache setup correctly. looking for locale//LC_MESSAGES is a symptom of
something else not being configured correctly - which if you do a bit
of investigating in the i18n code should either yeild:

* a config issue
* a bug

in either case - you should be able to figure out what to do about it.

hth,

AD