On Feb 3, 2011, at 22:01, Dr. Loboto wrote:

> Cake's logging settings can work only when Cake is working. If PHP
> dies on parse error it just don't reach Cake setup code at all. Same
> about fatal error before Cake sets own log. Etc. You better read PHP
> docs before blame Cake ones.

So are you saying there are some CakePHP-related fatal errors that CakePHP
would log, and other PHP-related fatal errors (parse errors, etc.) that it
wouldn't?

I'm just trying to clarify your answer, since the person who started this
thread pointed out that the docs say that CakePHP "Would [...] log fatal
errors", with the assumption that the log file to which they'll be written is
the log file about which the rest of the text in that section is written,
namely the CakePHP log, while that seems to be, at least in some cases,
incorrect, because of an overloading of the term "fatal error". I'm not trying
to place blame anywhere, I'm simply trying to find the answer to the question
that was asked.

Or are you saying that CakePHP-related errors are always written to the CakePHP
log while PHP errors are always written to the PHP log? I would understand if
that were the case, but don't see where the Book section on logging says this
is so (though I could easily have overlooked it). If it is not there, it could
be added in the form of a simple note. ("Note: Some types of errors, like PHP
parse errors or other fatal errors, cannot be written to the CakePHP log and
will appear in your PHP log.")