On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Ryan Schmidt
<google-2...@ryandesign.com> wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2011, at 22:01, Dr. Loboto wrote:
>
>> Cake's logging settings can work only when Cake is working. If PHP
>> dies on parse error it just don't reach Cake setup code at all. Same
>> about fatal error before Cake sets own log. Etc. You better read PHP
>> docs before blame Cake ones.
>
> So are you saying there are some CakePHP-related fatal errors that CakePHP
> would log, and other PHP-related fatal errors (parse errors, etc.) that it
> wouldn't?

I went and saw that page, the information on the page is wrongly
represented E_WARNING is the level of error reporting which shows only
warnings and fatal errors, however if you set Configure::write('log',
E_WARNING); only warnings will be logged because fatal error will kill
PHP before it reaches CakePHP's Configure::write() method

Cheers
Tarique

PHP for E-Biz: http://sanisoft.com