Hey,

ok for now I did the following:

when entering the url www.domain.com/it, the default language and all
other language depending variables are set to italian. when entering
www.domain.com/es you'll have the same behaviour for spanish. Maybe
that will help the Google Bot indexing all other languages now?

I hope the Bot is able to read PHP Apps that use Gettexts and relies
on the default language for the app, otherwise I have no clue how to
make the content available for other languages as the source code
language is english, although it's all gettext and the po-files
(languagecatalogues) are right in place... It's all depening on how
smart the Google Bot is and how it works with PHP Frameworks...

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

DD