On Mar 22, 2011, at 09:02, DigitalDude wrote:

> when entering the url www.domain.com/it, the default language and all
> other language depending variables are set to italian. when entering
> www.domain.com/es you'll have the same behaviour for spanish. Maybe
> that will help the Google Bot indexing all other languages now?
>
> I hope the Bot is able to read PHP Apps that use Gettexts and relies
> on the default language for the app, otherwise I have no clue how to
> make the content available for other languages as the source code
> language is english, although it's all gettext and the po-files
> (languagecatalogues) are right in place... It's all depening on how
> smart the Google Bot is and how it works with PHP Frameworks...

Turn off cookies in your browser (so that the session cannot be used). View
www.domain.com/it. Verify it appears in Italian. If not, fix your code.

If there is a language code in the URL, that is the language your app should
display in; ignore anything in the session or user preferences at that point.
The only time you'd need to look in the session or user preferences to see what
language to use is if no language code is in the URL already (in which case,
you'll do a 301 Moved Permanent redirect to the same URL including the language
code).