I was trying to do this for a website I wanted to get done quickly.
Because I didn't want to go through the whole ACL setup I just wanted
to make any user that went to the website able to buy things stored in
a session(or cookie but I'm not sure how to do that in cake either).

The data would need to hold an array of model Photo.

I figured the way I should do it was create non-view controller
methods to add items to the cart that is accessed by link then
redirected to that photo's page. Then I'd show a page with their cart.
But I couldn't seem to figure it all out though.