I had not even thought of that, and that would be much better than the
method I was using.

And yes I was thinking of forcing login's so I could store their cart
in the DB but restrict the admin panel from normal users so ACL was a
possibility but since it was a website that I had sort of two days to
make, setting up ACL sounded like it was too much.