On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Chris <theswimmingf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying to do this for a website I wanted to get done quickly.
> Because I didn't want to go through the whole ACL setup I just wanted
> to make any user that went to the website able to buy things stored in
> a session(or cookie but I'm not sure how to do that in cake either).

Sessions and cookies are interrelated. When you write to the session,
a cookie is also created. On the next request, the cookie is read.
This is how one maintains state between requests.

I don't think you should be considering ACL for something like that,
anyway. Not unless your buyers must be logged in first, and certain
buyers cannot buy certain products, or something like that. Otherwise,
a shopping cart shouldn't require that users are logged in.

> The data would need to hold an array of model Photo.

Why not just save the id? When it comes time to check out, read the
ids from the cart and fetch the releavant photos.