As one of those callers with 3-4 years' experience, I agree with others who've
called for unusual formations like triplets and chestnuts. They're pretty hard
to figure out on your own, and local dances will only want them if a caller
already has them down cold.

I also would benefit from training in how to deconstruct, and thereby
effectively teach, more difficult dances for an experienced crowd. Specifically
- and for any dance for that matter - when learning a dance from a card, how to
note points of potential difficulty and how to figure out the exact clear,
concise thing to say then so the dancers don't get confused.

David, your class sounds like a wonderful opportunity and I'm suddenly a bit
sorry I don't live in the east. Break a leg!

Tina