There's been lot's of great suggestions so far, so I'm sure you'll
have a full program. Here's my two cents as a caller with only a
couple years of experience. I feel I can put together a solid evening,
but want a better connection between music and dance. Going past "any
jig or reel" to this dance wants this type of tune, or if the band
wants to close with a specific tune matching it to a dance, etc.
Deconstructing the bits to see how they mesh, and talking to musicians
about it. Getting a better handle on that is my next step as a growing
caller.