A year ago I posted a piece here called "A Magical Moment" about the 'live'
recording sessions for Wild Asparagus. The double CD album is finally here,
and features wonderful music and many dance length cuts. I am posting the
following from Becky Tracy on behalf of Wild Asparagus.

We have just released our new CD, "Live at the Guiding Star Grange." The
title gives you most of the story. One year ago, Wild Asparagus invited
some of our favorite guest musicians from recent years - Harry Aceto
(bass), Mark Hellenburg (drums), Mark Murphy (bass and backing vocals)  and
Keith Murphy (guitar, mandolin, piano, foot percussion) - for a  blowout
weekend of dances and to make our first live recording at our  home dance in
Greenfield, MA. It was certainly a weekend of blowout  weather. We had a
serious blizzard on Friday, and it didn't really stop  snowing all weekend.
Fortunately, a bunch of indomitable dancers showed  up and we had a
memorable party that weekend. The result is on our  two-disk set: "Live at
the Guiding Star Grange." Even though we didn't  include the calls, this
recording is as close as you can come to feeling  like you are at a contra
dance, the energy of the band is palpable as is  the energy of the dancers.

The music on the recording spans the band's many influences from searing
traditional reels such as Dinny O'Brien's to sweet melodies like the  waltz,
The Crested Hen. There are many of David's originals including his
Caribbean inspired Cold Lampin' and Hawaii inspired Pakalolo. Keith
Murphy's tunes are also featured prominently from the perennial favorite,
On the Danforth, to the rocking Northwest Reel. The feel of the recording
is summed up with the lyrics to the song, Enjoy Yourself. The recording
captures the unmistakable sound of the band... it's varied and eclectic
instrumentation: David on bombard, whistles, flutes and sax; Ann on  piano,
guitar, ukulele, and vocals; George on concertina and bodhran; and  Becky on
fiddle.

Here's what some of our first customers have said about the CD:

- "That was the best $20 I've spent in a long time!"

- "...What a dance that must have been. Wish I could have been there!"

- "...This great dance music has so many dimensions it makes great
performance music for listening as well."

To order the CD online, you can visit our website
http://www.wildasparagus.com.  Or you can send $20 for each "Live at the
Guiding Star Grange" 2CD set,  plus $15 each for any of our older titles
(Wherever you Go, From the  Floor up, Call of the Wild, Tone Roads) and
include $3 shipping for the  whole order. Send your request to George
Marshall Box 602 Belchertown, MA  01007, and make your check out to "George
Marshall."

Hope to see you in the new year at a dance somewhere.

- Becky for Wild Asparagus