How right you are, Mary!  Our "messaging" could use a lot of work. We have a
fabulous overall message to deliver - community, civility, enjoyment,
exercise, friendliness - if all human endeavors had the mores and customs of
many of our dance organizations, we'd have a great world to live in. But
it's not a succinct marketing message.

Spider and others succeeded with her "Ants Pants Contradance - easy dancing
to live music" but I agree, it would be good to work a bit on finding a
clear, memorable, great tagline. At my company, Extra Mile Design, we often
work with a wonderful woman, Nancy Schwartz, who is a wizard at helping
people find that message. She runs a tagline contest every year. I think one
is coming up. We should, collectively, try to come up with a worthy entry.

Check it out:
http://nonprofitmarketingtraining.com/programs-workshops/tagline-focus-project/