From: "Nick Cuccia" <cuc...@mosswood-associates.com>
To: "Caller's discussion list" <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 3:48:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Callers] Hull's Victory

Hull's Victory was the first dance that I called after break at the Palo
Alto contra dance this past Saturday night, in homage to both the 200th
anniversary and to Charlie Fenton's tradition of starting the second
half of the evening at the San Francisco contra dance with a chestnut
back when I started dancing and calling.  More than a little bit of
grumbling from one or two of the hot-shot types that didn't like
standing around, but that was more than made up for by the two young
ladies (I guessed college age, one of my compatriots thinks they may be
younger than that) who told me at the end of the evening, "You called a
chestnut!  That was so awesome!"

--Nick