In a mixed crowd, I find it more effective to say "Take hands in circles of
four people".  Even if a new dancer has just attended a workshop, he/she might
not yet recognize "Hands four from the top".

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Fuerst" <mjerryfue...@yahoo.com>
To: ka...@sbcglobal.net, "Caller's discussion list" <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:40:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Callers] Taking hands four

"...why does the idea that they should take hands four seem to come as a
complete surprise to at least half the dancers, every single freakin' time?

To test and evaluate the caller's patience and mettle.

Michael Fuerst      802 N Broadway      Urbana IL 61801       217-239-5844
Links to photos of many of my drawings and paintings are at
www.ArtComesFuerst.com