 From: Ron T Blechner <contra...@gmail.com>
To: Perry Shafran <ps...@yahoo.com>; Caller's discussion list
<call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Monday, January 7, 2013 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Callers] women's experiences

By "crap" I was referring to more than just merely being twirled / dipped when
they didn't want it.

What segregation of lines happens at Glen Echo?

-Ron

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Perry Shafran <ps...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am curious - is this seen more often in women than it is in men playing the
role of the woman?  I've been the woman a number of times in dances, and I do
see the pushiness of some males - twirling me when I don't want to be twirled,
even being subject to a (small) dip one time.  Generally though (at least in my
home communities) I'm not subject to this.  It also doesn't SEEM like women are
resigned to pushy males - most ladies I see seem to enjoy their twirls and dips
- but that could be due to the segregation of lines that has occurred, at least
at Glen Echo.