 From: Bob Isaacs <isaacs...@hotmail.com>
To: Shared Weight <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Callers] Circle & pass through as the last move of a dance

There's another aspect to this discussion; what about when circle L 3/4 and
pass through is the first move in a dance?  Many Becket dances begin this way,
and I have no problem with that if the next move is an allemande or a dosido.
But when the A1 is circle L 3/4 and pass through, new neighbor swing, that
swing often gets compressed to about 6 beats.  Fortunately, Gene Hubert gave us
a better alternative:

Butter       Becket-L

A1.  Slide L and circle L 3/4, neighbor swing

A2.  Long lines, ladies chain

B1.  Hey (LR, NL, GR, PL)

B2.  Partner balance, swing

Here the slide L and circle L is a true 8 beats, and neighbors can used their
joined hands to pull into the swing.  Yes, circle and swing is very common, but
that's a programming issue, not a timing issue -

Bob