I recently danced with a neighbor who always had his hand perfectly on my
scapula.  It was like there was a magnet between his hand and my back, and
i loved it.  When I had a chance, between dances, I let him know how much I
appreciated it, and asked him what his trick is, hoping that I could
emulate it.  He had no idea, and suggested that maybe I'm just the right
height/size for dancing with him.

(though if anyone has tips for hand placement as a gent during a swing, I'm
all ears.)

Les