My arm will actually ache from the pressure of my swing partner leaning back too much.
Linda

On Feb 19, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Harold E. Watson wrote:

While "relax" would actually be a better description than "leaning" into hand behind you, "relax" has so far not proven very effective in keeping a beginner dancer from leaning INTO the swing which makes it much more difficult. Goes right along with death grip on the right shoulder. It is a challenge. What exactly do you mean by dramatic consequences for your arm?

Harold

-----Original Message-----
From: callers-boun...@sharedweight.net [mailto:callers-boun...@sharedweight.net ] On Behalf Of Linda Leslie
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:52 AM
To: Caller's discussion list
Subject: Re: [Callers] Height diffferential

As a dancer who often role switches, I have noted that "leaning" can have some dramatic consequences for my right arm when I dance the gent's role. I tend to avoid using this word, but do like "relax", "connection", and other concepts that might get to a better swing experience. I would love to hear about other words that seem to work for dancers/callers.
Linda