We fought this for months with a couple ePMP 1000 APs. We changed out pucks, tried GLONASS vs old style pucks, changed APs, tried firmware, etc. Nothing solved it until we shielded the cable between the puck and the AP. Once we put that in a conduit (for as far as we could) the problem you describe stopped. One of these was on our tower with lots of FM, AM, UHF. We chocked that up to RF interference (our Mimosa B5 can't grab GPS either). The other AP was on a mini-pop on a residential house with no other RF interference around that we could discover. But, as soon as both APs had their GPS cables shielded, problem never returned.

Kristian Hoffmann <mailto:kh...@fire2wire.com>
January 26, 2018 at 1:47 PM
I agree, but we graph the tracked/visible satellites on all APs, and these ones would have, say 10 tracked, and then 0 for hours, then 10. It was hardly ever a gradual change. We were convinced it was firmware, or a bad GPS receiver, or puck, etc. and went down every road we could think of, because it seemed like it had to be one of those. Out of the 4-5 sites we had with this behavior, every one was permanently solved by pointing the pucks up, and I think all of them were in close proximity to a cell tower.

-Kristian