Then how do we determine that what we see is not user error? I always
think three time, check things very carefully before I actually file a
bug.

It feels pretty risky for use non-programmers to stick out necks out
like that and file bugs on site like I think you're saying I should
now.

Cheers
df

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Stuart Morgan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:19 PM, paulc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >  Part of the reason I posted this was to see if I was alone... a
>  >  critical piece of information needed before filing official bug
>  >  reports.
>
>  Not at all, that's why we have a bug triage process. The purpose of
>  having filed bugs is so that investigation can follow our normal
>  process for dealing with reported issues. There's no expectation that
>  someone has to verify that others see the same problem before we
>  investigate (and if any of our pages imply otherwise, please let us
>  know where so that we can change it)--if filing bugs weren't the right
>  way to report issues like the ones you've been posting here, then I
>  wouldn't have asked that you do so.
>

>  >  I obviously incorrectly assumed that "messed up" would be
>  >  taken as "not rendered correctly."
>
>  It was, but that's equally vague. "Not rendered correctly" could mean
>  anything from "the edge of some text is clipped" to "half of the page
>  is missing". If we don't know what we are looking for, then it's very
>  difficult to find it, or to know what we might try changing to
>  reproduce the issue if there's nothing obviously wrong with the page
>  when we check it. More importantly, it's impossible for us to know if
>  we see the same problem you are seeing if we don't know what it is you
>  see.
>
>  Following an established process for reporting issues and giving
>  enough detail that the specific issue is clear are both standard
>  practices for both commercial and open-source products; Camino is not
>  unusual in that regard. However, I'm sorry you apparently feel that
>  it's an unreasonable request in our case.
>
>  -Stuart

David Fedoruk
B.Mus. UBC,1986
Certificate in Internet Systems Administration, UBC, 2003

http://recordjackethistorian.wordpress.com
"Music is enough for one's life time, but one life time is not enough
for music" Sergei Rachmaninov