I have written smart autocompletion based on the toplevel in a mode I call
SOLID.

  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~pengzang/tools.html

I've never gotten around to announcing it because it takes time to polish up
and write good doc... time that I haven't had of late.  However, I have been
using it myself for a while and a handful of random people have emailed me
about it and it works with them so, it may work for you.  Now seems as good a
time as any to tell people about since I've held off for over a year saying
anything..

Peng