Hi all,

Le Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:50:21 +0200
Tom Hutchinson <thomas.hutchin...@sophia.inria.fr> a écrit:

> I imagine there are a fair number of people who take parts bits and
> pieces out of the batteries sources and use those in their projects.

I've seen this in too many OCaml projects indeed, and that approach
has its own problems too. Fixes and improvements do not flow from one
copy of the code to the other, codes eventually diverge and using the
"real" library becomes harder as time goes on... This is a maintainance
nightmare.

Solutions should be found for each reason (development, deployment,
performance,...) why OCaml libraries are not used like libraries, so
that the incitive to go cutting&pasting disappears; because in my
opinion it's terrible.

I think a broad availability (either installed by default or at least
*very* easy to install) on all supported platforms should be a
start. As I understand Batteries is getting there.

Best regards,
Pierre.