> Using a very simple analysis from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_desktop_operating_systems,
> 97.14%[1] of the computers in the world run an OS which does not have a
> "Linux"-style package manager (very sad, but true).

With OCaml you can distribute native code programs, so the installation
problem is relevant only to programmers.

As only a very small portion of these "computers in the world" are used as
programming work-stations, we can't conclude much from this measure.
We'd rather have to know what share of computers used by programmers to write
software does not come with a decent package system. I guess this would be much
less impressive.

Also, OCaml is not the only system that's harder to install on windows
than on Unix : Haskell's Cabal have difficulties on windows also, for instance.
I bet something like ActivePython came _after_ python was already popular and
had many libraries that were easy to install on Linux only, and not the other
way around.

> In vain hope of not starting a flame war,

In other words, you would like to be read but not answered ?