09/04/2009 09:37 PM, Gaius Hammond:
I am after a language that has the rapid-development of Python or Tcl
but with type safety; OCaml is right now the best bet, but it is *very*
rough around the edges. The way you install ActivePython is you download
it and run the installer and a few minutes later you're ready to go with
everything you need. I'm just reading the release notes for Batteries
now and it starts, you will need <a big long list of things>.

I must insist on the fact this is probably specific to some OS.
On debian and Ubuntu, adding one line to sources.list and issuing one command line does the trick.
That is easy, espacially for those already using them.

                                   +261 34 29 155 34