Hello,

2010/6/17 Simon P <psim...@yahoo.com>:
> We want to build a small domain specific language and convert it to
> a C-like language. In the process of this source-to-source translation, we
> want to try partial evaluation followed by relatively simple optimizations
> (dead code elimination, common subexpression elimination, constant folding,
> inlining).

It might be interested for you to look at Min-Caml compiler:
 http://min-caml.sourceforge.net/index-e.html

Paper describing the compiler: http://min-caml.sourceforge.net/paper.pdf

MinCaml is a complete ML-like compiler compiling to Sparc in about
2,000 lines of code. As far as I remember, it does common
subexpression elimination, constant folding and inlining.

Sincerely yours,
david