> How about translating a program in lua (or lua bytecode) to OCaml
> sourcecode automatically? Would that be possible?

I see two problems with an approach like this:

1) it's complicated: consider that Lua was designed in the first place
to be extremely simple to be embedded in a C program, and also simple
to exchange data to and from the host program. The *only* problem I
found was the interaction with the OCaml GC which of course is not a
problem in C;

2) can the Lua program, statically translated into OCaml, be loaded
and reloaded at run time? I need a scripting language to give a user a
configuration/simple plugin language to be loaded and executed at
runtime, and Lua is ideal because it's trivial to sandbox it.

--
Paolo ⠠⠵