Hi !

Le mercredi 14 juillet 2010 11:09:49, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
> What do you think? Other Ideas? Ready-to-use modules for this?

I won't commend on CML; which I don't know at all but the description you give
seems to match the requirements we had in liquidsoap when we implemented out
internal scheduler.

The module that implements it is there:
  http://www.rastageeks.org/ocaml-duppy/Duppy.html

Basically, it provides a facility around to create a select-based scheduler
where you can define your custom priorities, create a queue for a certain range
of priority and run them in threads.

The main scheduling is done by inside the tasks, so this is transparent.

Basically, to use it, you initiate a scheduler, create threads running
associated queues and submit tasks to the scheduler.

Romain