Romain Beauxis <to...@rastageeks.org> writes:

>       Hi !
>
> Le mercredi 14 juillet 2010 11:09:49, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
>> What do you think? Other Ideas? Ready-to-use modules for this?
>
> I won't commend on CML; which I don't know at all but the description you
> give
> seems to match the requirements we had in liquidsoap when we implemented out
> internal scheduler.
>
> The module that implements it is there:
>   http://www.rastageeks.org/ocaml-duppy/Duppy.html
>
> Basically, it provides a facility around to create a select-based scheduler
> where you can define your custom priorities, create a queue for a certain
> range
> of priority and run them in threads.
>
> The main scheduling is done by inside the tasks, so this is transparent.
>
> Basically, to use it, you initiate a scheduler, create threads running
> associated queues and submit tasks to the scheduler.
>

> Romain

I don't see where that helps at all. I don't want to offload the IO into
threads and schedule them and Duppy seems to only handle IO tasks.

Except if I pick Solution 1 and then it still doesn't help anything
since I can already run select in every thread. The IO should not be
scheduled by priorities and isn't the bottleneck anyway. Seems this
would just add overhead.

MfG
        Goswin