--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Jonathan Rasmusson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am just trying to reconcile this with Kent's
> accountability statement. Does this team based approach lower
> individual accountability.

Seems to me collective code ownership, pair programming, yesterday's
weather and team velocity all combine to imply collective
accountability.

I could be wrong.  I often am.  Just like Ron.  ;-)

In fact I could be much further wrong than Ron ever is, because I
haven't actually worked as an XPer.  This is purely my sense of how
it has to work.

> Does it matter?
> Does anyone care about individual vs team productivity?
> I don't - but management might.

The team might.

There may not be an easy way to give management a fair view into it,
and I'm not sure I'd want to.  I think teams will on some level hold
individual team members accountable, and that individuals will feel
a stronger sense of accountability to the team than to management.

I'm sure there are situations where management needs to make sure
that a team isn't holding an individual accountable unfairly.

How management makes promotion, reassignment, firing and layoff
decisions in this world, I couldn't begin to guess.

Don Roby

To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
Yahoo! Groups Links