This is my first capistrano deployment effort, so I think I've done
due diligence in researching what I'm seeing, but I will apologize in
advance if I missed this somewhere else.

I'm trying to deploy a Rails 3 application from development on my Mac
OS X 10.6.6 client to my Mac OS X 10.6.6 server, but the plaintext
password nag in subversion seems to persist no matter what I do.

my cap deploy:update task starts, begins the deploy:update_code step,
executes locally the svn info command to get the head revision number
and then attempts to execute the checkout command on my server.

At this point I get the svn password prompt:
** [www.myhost.com :: err] Authentication realm: <svn://my.myhost.com:
3690> myApp
** [www.myhost.com :: err] Password for 'jim':
Password:

As soon as I enter it I get the nag about storing plaintext passwords
and I'm asked:
** Store password unencrypted (yes/no)?
** [www.myhost.com :: err] Please type 'yes' or 'no':

Now I'm stuck because capistrano doesn't appear to be sending my
response back... at least by hitting control-t I can see that ruby is
awaiting a response.

Things I've tried so far:
1) in my user account on the server I've configured ~/.subversion/
servers to
store-plaintext-passwords = no
2) similarly,
store-plaintext-passwords = yes
3) in ~/.subversion/config I've set the token
password-stores = keychain
and performed a couple of svn operations by hand (i.e. not capistrano-
invoked) to ensure there is a keychain entry for my svn repository.
4) in deploy.rb I added
set :svn_password, "mypassword"

To be sure, while logged in to my account on the server I'm not
getting the plaintext password nag from subversion, only through
capistrano.

Since I'm just starting, my deploy.rb file is devoid of any tasks or
anything beyond what I understand to be the basics:
set :application, "myapp"
set :repository, "svn://my.myhost.com"
set :svn_password, "mypassword"
set :scm, :subversion
role :web, "www.myhost.com"
role :app, "www.myhost.com"
role :db, "www.myhost.com", :primary => true
set :deploy_to, "/Library/WebServer/Rails/myapp"
set :use_sudo, false

That's it.

I'm not necessarily adamant about using the keychain, but it would
seem to be the most secure method.  What I really wanted to do at this
point was just get deployment going so I can see if the tasks that do
that are configured properly -- but I'm stopped cold by this problem!

So what did I miss in all my reading and searching and experimenting?