There's a lot of questions arround this topic and I feel that there's no
direct solution.

Is there a way to get the current role name for a task to use it in a
variable?

This is what I'm trying to acomplish

task upload_different_file do
   upload "server_cfg/#{stage}/*#{computed_role}*/my_custom_and_needed_file"
"/tmp"
   run "echo *#{computed_role}* >> /tmp/fancy_roles_enumeration"
   ... and the like ...
end

That's it. The role name should be arbitrary because this is planed to
upload several files to a server, based on its role declared

I know that if there's a server with two roles calling twice to that kind
of task, it will lead to file collision, but I will handle that later.

Is this posibble?

Thanks

.