Jochen Billen <joc...@smartbit.be> wrote:
    > I'm looking into Capistrano (v3) to deploy an PHP application to 100+
    > servers and I'm am concerned that running the 'git update' and
    > 'composer install' task will put to much strain on the infrastructure
    > (git server, SAN environment and network)

You could also add a command to the process which basically just does
    sleep $(RANDOM)

One thing that I have also done to reduce stress (particularly against
github.com), is to take one of the checked out trees, move it, merge the
.git/objects directories together, and then add a --reference to that.
Not only does it speed things up, but it can significantly reduce the disk
space requirement.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [