Maybe a more general abroach is possible.

set :default_exec_options, {in: groups, wait: 2 ...}

and change
https://github.com/capistrano/sshkit/blob/master/lib/sshkit/coordinator.rb
default options accordingly or merge the options into
https://github.com/capistrano/sshkit/blob/master/lib/sshkit/dsl.rb on
option.

regards
dieter