Hi Samisa,

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Um, it has to work across platforms. Can we not use something like
> ant/maven for this rather than a script?

Yes, I thought of using ant initially. But even with ant I cannot write
platform independent script. Please refer the ant script [1] which I used to
test G-Reg with different DBs options. Even in this script I had to check
the OS before executing certain system calls. I selected Perl since I was
able to reuse XML processing model written by C team. And, perl library
functions provide all most all features I require. My plan was to write the
script for Linux and extend it to support windows later.

To be frank, I am not familiar much with maven. And my initial impression on
maven was based on our build scripts, which we use ant scripts inside maven
to make the build. So I under the impression that maven can not do much
things when it comes to automating command line tool.

Thanks,
Krishantha

[1]
https://wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/commons/qa/db-configuration-scripts/build.xml