Hi Azeez,

Existing Carbon code base is huge and unmanageable at the moment. If we
merge Stratos and Carbon, it would become a nightmare to maintain it. We can
restructure the Carbon code base in a manner to solve these issues. But
merging is not the solution.

-1.

Thanks
Sameera

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:

> The Carbon based products & corresponding Stratos services share a lot of
> dependencies. However,these go out of sync because they are in 2 different
> locations. I propose that all Stratos service builds be moved into the
> corresponding products as Maven modules. Also, the dependencies and features
> dir could be split into carbon and Stratos & we can have the relevant
> components & features under those. This will eliminate the Stratos top level
> svn project & ensure that the product teams keep the Stratos services up to
> date.
>
> Thoughts welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Azeez
>
> ------
> Sent from my APD®

Sameera Jayasoma
Technical Lead and Product Manager, WSO2 Carbon

WSO2, Inc. (http://wso2.com)
email: same...@wso2.com
blog: http://tech.jayasoma.org

Lean . Enterprise . Middleware