On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Guillaume Devianne <gdevia...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Great!
>
> As I recall, it uses the ResourceBundle
> http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/i18n/resbundle/propfile.html
>
> Also, (to be verified for accuracy), there are 3 levels of resources,
>
>    1. default resource eg: Resources.properties
>    2. language only resource eg:Resources_en.properties
>    3. language and country resource eg: Resources_en_GB.properties
>    and Resources_en_US.properties

+1.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions Guillaume.

If you implement that, one could look at the code and, for example,
> if there is no Spanish property file, create both Resources_es.properties
> and Resources_es_CL.properties
> Then, if a Mexican wants to help, he can eventually create
> the Resources_es_MX.properties if it is needed.
>
> Exactly. I feel we didn't think this much earlier regarding the
localization. As with the huge interest shown in using WSO2 products in
other languages, (specially Spanish and Chinese according to the user
mails), I can clearly say, these improvements will help a lot of users as of
now.

Currently I am in the process of documenting the current localization
methodology (which is pretty much covered in this mail thread itself), as a
resource for the users who try to localize the WSO2 products.

[CC'ing to carbon-dev and stratos-dev for the wider audience].

Thank you.
Regards,
Pradeeban.