On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Sameera,
>
> Are we going to do this change for Carbon 4.0.0? Had an offline chat with
> Samisa on this. Given the amount of work and time needed to complete and
> stabilize this, we just thought it's good to push this to 5.0.0. What do
> you think?

+1 for deferring this, given that we have many other drastic changes going
into 4.0.0. However, we better get started on the 'kernelization' of
carbon. This can be easily done by moving many of the modules in the
current carbon-core into components, and changing the product p2-profiles
to pick up these components. Once we have that, we can gradually move into
the proposed SVN structure.

> Thanks,
> ~Isuru
>

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Nuwan Bandara <nu...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For this approach to properly work, we need to have proper package
>>> export & import versions. Otherwise, say for example, two different
>>> features require different versions of a particular bundle, then these
>>> features may not be able to coexist. When upgrading a versions of an orbit
>>> dependency, the should be a way to track all its dependant &  change them
>>> accordingly to avoid ending up with unnecessary jar duplication.
>>>

>> +1, we need to concentrate on imports and exports more than we are doing
>> now. Its a nightmare to find issues when an orbit bundle is updated not
>> knowingly.
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Nuwan
>>

>>>  --